Gay marriage

lesbian marriage, now that must be murder in that household for a couple of weeks of the month!

Sponsored Links
oh for gods sake.....two women who like each other in a sexual way seeing i cant say lesbian

If marriage is just a piece of paper, then why do you see grown men blubbing in church as their son, friend, brother promises to do his utmost for one woman for the rest of her life? I'm pretty sure it isn't just because they're losing a drinking buddy! No, it's a beautiful thing with a wonderful sentiment.

I'm sure I've said this somewhere before --

Since sexual love is the supreme human experience you're going to want to celebrate it (been there, done that). Have a party! Tell the world and his dog! No, the world is not enough. Anybody listening on Andromeda?

That's as good an reason for a wedding as any but there's no need to go along with somebody else's definition of marriage. It's your party so you make the rules - and you can devise your own legal contract if you think you need one.

First a "bethrothment", where you have a small ceremony involving drinking wine from the same glass. 1 year later, if you feel the same way, you have a proper wedding.

That's a good example. How about this. After the first year you get a bigger glass. A year later it's a whole bottle and so on. At some point you will declare "That's it. No more wine, we're married."

PS: We had five years' practice and the wedding itself was largely irrelevant.

Yeh, I think you'd have to be mad to marry someone without living with them first.

OK, so in a fairytale world it would be great to marry someone without sleeping or living with them... but in the real world you run the risk of signing yourself up for an eternity with a mad bint who doesn't understand the concept of bikini waxing or approve of anything above and beyond 5 minutes of missionary twice a week.

You wouldn't buy a car without a test-drive, would you? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Didn't someone just propose that unmarried partners should now get the same legal rights as married ones? Which would rather knock over the contract bit, it would become irrelevant.

I seem to remember that once upon a time in this country you could get married just be announcing it, and get divorced by just announcing that. Then the whole thing was 'nationalised' and put into the hands of the church. so time to go back to the old system, for everyone?

Back