Gemini Gulf Stone Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
Im a plumbing and heating engineer , done fair bit of tiling, my sister wants a new bathroom she has picked the gulf stone tile, u know the one with the sparkles in .Any advice on the installation of these ,adhesives , grouts, do i need to seal.I was thinking of a rapid set , and flexi black grout, as its the Black opal colour.Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Are you tiling the floor, walls, both? What are they; concrete, suspended timber, plasterboard over stud, plaster over block? Any wet areas involved? What size/weight are the tiles?

Probably will need sealing, what does supplier say? They may even come pre-sealed; a water test will tell.

hi Richard ,they are going onto plywood floor in a bathroom , but not a wet room so shouldnt be that much water involved,interested in the adhesive and laying method on these if possible.

Sponsored Links
BAL Rapidset flexible or Single Part Flexible; apart from being ply, you didn’t say what the floor is but if there is any doubt about floor rigidity, Single Part Fastflex but that stuff will make a hole in your sister’s purse. Microflex or Superflex grout. Use a thick bed solid bed trowel - 20mm round notches, 10mm deep, at 28mm centres. I use BAL exclusively but there are other adhesive brands equally as good, just avoid cheap own brand/DIY adhesive/grout, it’s mostly crap. Do not prime the ply before tiling.

As before seal the tiles if necessary & be careful not to scratch them when grouting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back