Geotherm VWS 220/2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Has anyone worked on these ground source heat pumps before?

We have a site where a couple of these are installed but we are having problems with the heating and hot water with them but I suspect it's caused by the controls/settings and was hoping someone would be able to assist in answering a couple of questions I have.

thanks

Marc

Sponsored Links
They need immersion elements usually to take the water to a decent temperature.

Ground source (any heat pump for that) needs very careful planning and sizing by someone with a fair bit of experience to work effectively, with the correct heat loss calculations (assuming the houses are actually built to the standard that will achieve the architects heat loss calculations which is a rarity) Correctly sized ground loops which are affected by type of loop, depth of them being buried and the material/ground that they are buried in, then have accurately sized buffers and control systems.

ie: if you are experienced in all the above then you will already know what needs done, if your not, then your not going to fix it by pressing some buttons.

If there new sites then I'd be arranging for a training visit from vaillant for the commissioning engineer to check the installs and settings as while a heat pump is a simple piece of equipment in its operation, there's a lot of knowledge involved in fitting one right.

Hi,

Yep I know a lot about these systems but unfortunately not the Vaillant control side, hence the question about the controls.

We've found various problems with the system at present including smart DHW cylinder piped wrong, TXV faults, superheat settings too high etc etc, i'm not asking for help regarding the hydraulic side, only on the controls side because we have found several settings in the controller that are completely wrong and have been preventing the HP running properly.

Valliant commissioned this system and aren't being to helpful with regards to getting the systems running properly.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back