Getting a quote for work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

I would very much appreciate some help. I have plans to visit a property (I'm a FTB), but the property would be a bit of a project. The #1 bit of work is to re-fit the kitchen, but before this a bit of kitchen-dining room restructuring is needed - and to work out if I'm interested in the property (and if I can afford it! :mrgreen: ), getting some idea of cost would be very useful.

Here's an overview of the work:

- Knock down a partition wall 2.7m wide
- Fill in an open arch (2m approx) in a lounge/dining room partition wall and fit internal door (from the knocked down wall):
19uVAaI

- Removal of small window and brick up space:
11K0sUF

- Moving position of window from:
10fd8o7

to where the door is here:
11K0sUF

- Fitting PVCu french double doors (~£500) to the location of where the window used to be:
10fd8o7

- Moving the raditator from current position to wall on the right:
10fd8o7

If someone could give me a general idea of what this would cost, this would be really appreciated. Many thanks!

C. :)

Sponsored Links
Erm, £3000-£7000 ? Much better to ask a builder round to quote however.

Word of advice though, you will probably decide a lot of that is unneccessary once you've lived in the house for a while. You will have plenty to do with redecoration, kitchen refit, bathroom refit, etc etc. Also there's often a reason things are as they are. For example patio doors in that small dining room would make the room unusable as a dining room while still maintaining access to the doors. That's just my 2p as an ex-FTB.

Erm, £3000-£7000 ? Much better to ask a builder round to quote however.

Word of advice though, you will probably decide a lot of that is unneccessary once you've lived in the house for a while. You will have plenty to do with redecoration, kitchen refit, bathroom refit, etc etc. Also there's often a reason things are as they are. For example patio doors in that small dining room would make the room unusable as a dining room while still maintaining access to the doors. That's just my 2p as an ex-FTB.

Hi, thanks for the reply. The idea would be to knock through the partition wall between the kitchen and dining room to open the room up and make more usable space, which would hopefully provide ample room for the French doors.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back