Getting tanking to work!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've some damp ingress into two corners of my cellar. Although below the living space it is only below ground in those two corners where the garden is built higher. I've applied several coats of waterproofing cement slurry (Vandex/Sika) which appears to dry OK but still the water comes through especially with the persistant heavy rain that we have been having this year.

Am I doing something wrong or do I have to wait until it is dry before applying the slurry!? (It almost dried out last summer). Can't see how that can be done as it's wet before I start and I'm trying to stop the damp and get the area as dry as possible.

I'm now thinking that it may be best to live with the damp and set out trickle drains to ensure any water that does get in can drain away.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Exactly what specific product did you use?

Did you follow the application instructions to the letter?

Is water actually coming through the material you applied or is it surface condensation?

It's 'Sika' waterproofing mortar applied strictly to their instructions on the bag.

Water still comes through every time it rains and rains and rains. Seems to rain all the time now!

I really do think I will just accept it and install some channels to drain it away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back