glass like finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all this is my first post so please bare with me,
i have been plastering for 2years jobs for friends and family after doing a plastering course.my walls are perfectly smooth and i have been happy with the results.
although my uncle had his whole upstairs plastered by some firm,and the finish they have got is unreal.its like a glass like finish very shiny.am i missing something as mine dont look loke that????

Sponsored Links
Not a good sign ,over trowling (polishing) He will have trouble when painting.

carzey18 said:
so im not missing anything then?

Not at all mate. You're doing it right. Youwant it nice and flat and smooth but not so polished it's like glass. There are some plasterers who polish it 'til it's like a mirror because it looks good when bare. Yes, it might look doog bare but it'll look poo when painted because the paint won't take to the plastere - it'll just slide around all over the place. Your uncle will need to give it a light sand with a very fine paper before painting.

regards

Fred

Sponsored Links
Over-polishing is a sign of a poor plasterer with an ego problem. It's an easy finish to achieve - but who wants it? As said - you can't paint it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back