Glow Worm 35ci - Pressure problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Glow Worm 35ci Pressure problems

Evening all, I have just replaced the PRV, charged the system to 1 bar, turned on the heating - Water discharge and a pressure of 2.7 bar when I turned the heating off. The pressure then dropped to 0.6 bar. The temperature was reading 65 degrees C.

Is temperature a related issue or has anybody any other reason for the discharge with new valve fitted ? Any thoughts would be gratfully appreciated.

Thanks
Darren.

Hi folks,

Thanks for your questions and comments, I changed the PRV because it was constantly discharging, I am not clear about the expansion vessel issue, however will investigate further.

Re; Good or bad boiler; up until this point it has done what it said on the tin (installed 2004).

Once again thanks for the dialogue.

Darren.

Sponsored Links
Read the FAQs on expansion vessel re-charging but it is very likley the vessel hose is blocked...another common design fault on this horrible boiler (actually a Saunier Duval).

you may have a kinked or blocked expansion vessel hose (silver braided). these can be removed and unblocked but more often just altering the radius of the bend by twisting it will cure the problem. These are good boilers despite what gasguru says and if looked after by a glow worm themselves very very reliable. Glow worm do fixed cost repairs and maintenance that can prove good value.

Sponsored Links
DM stop pushing Glowworms...you're the only one that rates them.

DM stop pushing Glowworms...you're the only one that rates them.

which? magazine rates the ultracom best buy actually. they sell very well too and are well priced imho.

Read the FAQs on expansion vessel re-charging but it is very likley the vessel hose is blocked...another common design fault on this horrible boiler (actually a Saunier Duval).

Hi Gasguru,

Thanks for your comments, there is not a lot of detail about the
expansion vessel but I will investigate further.

Darren

you could always call glow worm 01773 828100

I have one of them 24ci from new,(2004) was repaired 4 times.
worst company I had ever got boiler...
till 2004 I used german boilers. 20 years no problem.
and now again n/w. e/v and water pressure sensor faulty. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
"e/v ...another common design fault on this horrible boiler (actually a Saunier Duval)."

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back