glow worm 45f boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, can anyone help me with a boiler problem,
The boiler pilot lights, and continues to try to ignite even after it is lit, the boiler fires up but goes out after only a few sec's sometimes a minute or so, sometimes less, sometimes it doesnt fire up at all, only the pilot and this continues to spark although already lit,

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Your symptoms describe a fairly easy fault to trace and repair. Unfortunately the forum rules prevent any DIY gas advice and as such a competent boiler man should be able to repair that for you. Good luck.

Sponsored Links
My Friend 45 Years - has given you the best piece of advice he could
Gas is NOT for DIY so you will need to find a Competent Service Engineer with a CCN1 and CENWAT Certificate to undertake the diagnosis & reapir of your fault - probably a Damn good service is all your boiler needs! ;)

Thanks for the reply, of course no use at all..hehe
:rolleyes:

You're getting free advice here. Heed it. Its not repairable by you unless your competent to do so, even though it is easily fixed.

I think its plainly obvious that the OP has no intention or undesrtanding why the (probably glowworm) boiler needs servicing.

Mr. W.

I appologise if my response sounded flipant it was not my intention, i was genuinly thanking the poster for the response.

I went with the test results i had already gathered, and by means of elimination deduced the pcb to be faulty, as this is an expensive part and not being an expert in this field sought confirmation..the forum rules forbid advice to this extent which i wholey understand..
The boiler injector and pilot are free from debri or obstrucion, the flame sensor is clean the pilot solonoid is functioning and recieves the correct voltage to operate, the main solonoid does not recive a signal as the sequencing board does not appear to recognise the pilot is lit.

mistrdubya thankyou for your post clearly from some great altitude, how ever incorrect and incredibly presumptious, with your hind sight from a single post your powers of deduction surpass those of the great sherlock holmes.. i fear arogance may be your strong point.

pcb purchased and fitted, boiler now functions correctly.

Iv'e only just got onto this thread and was a bit peed off to see you all jump on the OP's back
I read his answer different from you people.

I'm sorry you were treated like that thor, maybe people won't be so unthoughful in the future when replying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back