Glow worm combi boiler hasn't worked since new

Ah...now we are getting somewhere.

When we get a boiler/system like this

1) we go leak hunting, and its sometimes easy and sometimes very frustrating to find the damn things.
2) then we powerflush..yes we used to replace plate to plates, but we are now geared up to flush them as well.
3)then you check for more leaks!!

After all this if the loss of pressure is still apparent, and its not massive I confess we resort to squirting in fernox leak sealant, and it works more often then it doesn't, but that is our last resort.

Alfredo

Sponsored Links
fernox sealer rocks on small weeps

does any of the pipe run under concrete/screed???

Is your tap water particularly hard?

If it is limescale in the plate to plate (boiler water to tap water)heat exchanger then the primary h/ex (gas to boiler water) will have a good amount of it too. They can be cleaned with the same cemicals, in situ.

Magnacleans do tend to collect a black fur quickly on old systems, even if they've been powerflushed pretty well. Fernox only claim it's possible to remove "up to 80%" of grot from the system, so there can be plenty left, even though it's below the level of causing serious problems.

hi
we have just had a similar event to this,have you by any chance got Hep2o pipework installed in the system?

Sponsored Links
have you got hep2o pipe in the system?
does the water have a bad smell when a pipe is open?
does the blockage have a consistency of iron filings/tea leaves?

hi
we have just had a similar event to this,have you by any chance got Hep2o pipework installed in the system?

You have replied to a topic which was almost TWO years old.

I hope its working oK now.

I suspect the magnetic filter was installed without a gauze filter in the outlet and calcium compounds are blocking the plate HE.

The OP should have called a boiler engineer rather than a general plumber!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back