glow worm compact electric boiler, no CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I tried to search for an answer but found "similar but different" posts...

We recently had to re-fill our boiler (a glowworm 80e) when the low pressure indicator came on, unfortunately the boiler ended up over-pressurised (my fault for talking the mrs through it on the phone and the phone cutting out before I said "and turn it off at 1bar pressure" :oops: )

To try and resolve the issue I bled a radiator until the pressure in the boiler came down to 0.7bar.

Now when the CH turns on the boiler makes a horrible hissing noise (i guess not enough water in the CH turning into steam?) and cuts out.

The hot water in the house works fine.

Before I get someone out to the boiler is there anything I can try or check to get it back up and running again?

Thank you in advance.

James

Sponsored Links
I thought the Glow Worm Compact 80e was a GAS Boiler??

Sounds like the pump is not working, when drawing off Hot Water the pump does not run as the boiler is equiped with a 4 pipe heat exchanger negating the need for a pump to generate Hot Water check the pump!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back