glow-worm fuelsaver f. No ch/hot water after draining system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Glow-worm Fuelsaver "F" which, after emptying the central heating / radiators to perform a spot of remedial plumbing (thanks to my wife knocking joint whilst hoovering!) the unit no longer wants to re-ignite the pilot, so although I'm not too fussed about no heating at this time of year, I'm a bit stuck with no hot water....

After reading some articles on"diynot.com" I believe that I need to re-pressurise the cylinder, or reset the overheat switch. (hope I'm using the right terminology here), but as I don't have a manual or troubleshooting guide to hand I'm struggling to even get the cover off.

The unit is wall-mounted inside a cupboard with about 2" clearance to the left & right, and with the base of the unit about 4' from the floor. There's limited access to the top of the unit without dismantling the cupboard.

So, my question(s) is/are:

1. do you know how I should approach taking the outer casing to find this allusive over-heat switch, or begin searching for this pressure valve.

2. Am I barking completely up the wrong tree? and if so, what should my next steps be?

Many thanks,

Dave

Sponsored Links
If you wiggle the bottom (brown) casing forward - it slides off (Ha ha - and there was me looking for screws)

Just towards the front-left (on the bottom) there's a little red(ish) button about 1/2 cm in diameter.

Press that, and hey-presto ! - I can now have a shower again (although it's only been 24hrs, and everyone knows that blokes only shower once-a-month)

;) [/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back