glow worm losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello there. We have had a Glow worm Flexi com 30CX combi boiler recently fitted. All worked well, it seemed. But then it stopped working due to lack of pressure. Possibly dropping since day one. Topped up pressure easily enough then contacted the installer. The installer has tried to find any leakage to no avail. He now wants to put in a additive to block any leaks. What leaks if no pipes are leaking then surely the pressure drop is in the boiler. and seeing as it is new, surely an additive to block leaks would not be the best thing to be putting in it. Does this sound silly? Should he be seeing if the manufacture condones such actions under its warranty? I would like to add that he pressurized and isolated the system and the pressure did not drop. Do new boilers loose pressure? Is it a common fault? What should I be asking him to try? Or not to do? I don't want to shorten the life of our new boiler. Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
I would not have leak sealer added until a proper investigation. It would appear from your post that the system may have a leak. Was it originally open vented, and has now been sealed?

I would not have leak sealer added until a proper investigation. It would appear from your post that the system may have a leak. Was it originally open vented, and has now been sealed?

yes, the plumber has inspected all his joins. lifted floor boards, been in the attic and under the floor and still cannot find a wet patch indicating a leak. We had open containers in the attic and a back boiler on the gas fireplace that heated the water on a timer. There was also an element inside the copper drum in the attic but that wasn't wired up. We got it wired up when we had the house rewired. But it only worked for a couple of months and packed up. The plumber couldn't remove the element to fit a new one. I guess that system would be considered open vented? How it sent warm water around the radiators I do not know. Convection??? The radiators have not been replaced with new ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back