Glow-worm-pilot lit but not main??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During this bad weather our central heating has gone up the wall. It seemed to be working fine early evening, then when I checked it later in the night it had gone off, even though it was on constant.

The pilot light is still lit. Could the gales have triggered a safety mechanism or has it broken something?? It is an old boiler, but it seems too coincidental that we are experiencing really high wind/gales etc.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions anyone?? :eek:

Ricky

Sponsored Links
It's SUPPOSED to go off when the boiler itself gets up to the set temperatuure, or when any room thermostat is satisfied.
If the boiler isn't lighting when everyting is set to make it light, you need a corgi to go in there.
Or, it could be a faulty external stat, timer, motorised valve...

need more information..if it is an open flued boiler it may have tripped a downdraught thermostat or it may just be that your solenoid has given up.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies fellas but it seems to be working fine now!!!!

I seem to remeber somebody told me about a safety cut off??? ....anyhow its up and running again thank god!!

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back