Glow worm system boiler not combi probelm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Glow worm did not work since this morning, dose not ignite as usual and thermostat in the hall way is switched off. When I inspected the main fuse box, I found one of the breakers tripped. Put it up again but still not working, I think there is still no electricity going to it due to a fuse blown somewhere. Apart from the 3 amp fuse box next to the boiler where else I need to look and what caused the breaker to trip in the consumer unit to trip

Sponsored Links
Now, where did I leave that crystal ball that allows me to know what model and system controls you have? I'm stuffed without it.

it is a system boiler not combi i.e. we have a storage tank in the air cupboard.

The thermostat is a "Honeywell alternative"
The boiler is "Glow worm ultimate" wall mounted
And there an another grey box by the storage tank written on it “Honeywell smart fit”

try replacing the 3 port on the smart fit , it might be stuck , if not then good luck as it could be anything on the smart fit system ie anyone of the leads, cylinder stat, roomstat timer, or the main junction box for the smart fit, why dont you unplug each of the 3 port cylinder stat timer etc and and plug one in at a time and see what one trips the fuse , obviously turn the main spur off every time you unplug something just to be safe see what one is casuing the prob..........maybe ! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Theheatinghelper,
Well diagnosed and many thanks for your simulative suggestions. I open the smartfit box and found one of the wires came off, put it back again and everything started working as usual. once again many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back