Glow worm thermostat issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Recently had a Glow Worm FlexiCom 30CX installed and I have a question regarding the thermostat. The boiler they took out was an old Vailant which had been running off a digital programmable room thermostat. When the installers fitted the new bolier they couldn't figure the thermostat out. They wired it up and it worked - "we don't know why but it's working! were theri words.

Now it seems the digital thermostat is rubbish so I purchased a Glow Worm Climapro programmable room thermostat thinking it would be a straight swap. How wrong I was! The input voltage for the thermostat is 24V but the two wires coming out of the wall are at mains 240AC.

Anyone know why this is like this? I'm a relative novice so have no intention of fiddling around with it. It'd be nice to have something to tell an expert when I get one round. The guy who installed the bolier clearly had no idea!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The 24V will have to come from the boiler external controls section.

Not certain if you will need the Glow Worm 'options' board fitted in the boiler to let this work, as you do with the inbuilt digital timer :oops:

The 24V will have to come from the boiler external controls section.

Not certain if you will need the Glow Worm 'options' board fitted in the boiler to let this work, as you do with the inbuilt digital timer :oops:

I don't really know what that means but sounds like it might be expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back