Gloworm 24cxi F5 overheating....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Earlier in the week my combi (Gloworm 24cxi) had very low water pressure (.4 bar) and I best guessed it to be the water pressure sensor, fitted a new one and now I get great pressure.
Now though, I am not sure the Automatic vent is not working as I am now getting an "F5" error, assuming the there is air in the system and making it overheat??.
Also, I am now getting a water leak from the Reduced Pressure Zone Valve on the fill loop???
Any ideas???

Sponsored Links
have you had it serviced in the last few years? they need a modified burner door seal fitting. if you haven't this could be causing the boiler to go to overheat
also sounds like it needs a new disconnecter, they are crap but tbf most of the boiler is :rolleyes:

have you had it serviced in the last few years? they need a modified burner door seal fitting. if you haven't this could be causing the boiler to go to overheat
also sounds like it needs a new disconnecter, they are crap but tbf most of the boiler is :rolleyes:

Thanks for getting back to me....

Firstly, she's up and running again! I found out that if you get a fail code it stays in memory???
I powered off at the wall, turned it off on the front panel... Turned it back on at the wall and finally back on, on the front control panel.
That was a while ago now and I now have a nice warm house with piping hot water! :)

Just need to change the filler loop, small leak...

Can you tell me more about the disconnecter???

The RPZ part of those boilers does leak a little as you fill it up but should stop shortly afterwards!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Expect to have to possibly wait a few days!

Hop full it will stop but I got up this morning and I had a half full jug and the pressure had dropped from 1.4 to .8 bar.... And still dripping....

Ok, when I got home this evening, I had 0.0 bar and a red light all flashing away!!!

I opened the fill loop and the pressure did go up and settled at 1.7bar.
The water heated but when the CH kicked in, the temp was up and down like a yoyo! It did finally settle and the pressure is the same and I only have a few drips from the RPZV.

So, hopefully, she'll calm down and all will be good tomorrow.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back