Gloworm Energy Saver 50E run on timer fault.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour has a Gloworm Energy Saver 50E boiler which has a pcb pump run on timer fitted adjacent to the pump and storage tank this device is making a loud high frequeccy chatter and I suspect that the relay is the cause, is it possible to obtain a replacement pcb unit ? if not, can you advise on how to overcome the problem and provide the pump with what seems to be the necessary run on time ?
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Gloworm Energy Saver 50E boiler which has a pcb pump run on timer fitted adjacent to the pump and storage tank

Hard to make out exactly what you have there.

Is this over run device part of the boiler or separate? I'll assume it is part of the boiler and say that you should be able to get the part from a boiler spares supplier.

Thank you for your reply.
The boiler is installed in a garage and is remote from the storage tank, pump and seperate pcb timer unit which are positioned in a cupboard in the house.
I have tried to source a replacement timer without any success. would it be OK to bridge the timer and allow the pump to close down without the run on feature ?

Thank you for your reply.
The boiler is installed in a garage and is remote from the storage tank, pump and seperate pcb timer unit which are positioned in a cupboard in the house.
I have tried to source a replacement timer without any success. would it be OK to bridge the timer and allow the pump to close down without the run on feature ?

I have a Potterton timer and occasionally this 'flutters'. It is not in an instruction manual but if you bridge all five buttons, which you use to set the clock and timers, this resets the device.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back