Gloworm SpaceSaver 45-60B

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Gas Valve on my boiler has broken. I have checked on here, and with Gloworm and the relevant part number is SK9049. I sourced the part and the conversion kit and now I have a problem.

The CORGI reg bloke that I have got to fit the part is saying that he has been told not to fit a new part to these boilers. Now if Gloworm with send me an email saying what the spare part number is and I can find the part for sale in about 5 different online shops, then what is the deal with NOT fitting it.

Does the not fitting it part sound a bit strange to you guys?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I have now just phoned Glowworm, and they say that they recommend fitting like for like. The McClaren gas valve that is fitted to the boiler is out of production.

What should I do? HEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!

dmdavies said:
I have now just phoned Glowworm, and they say that they recommend fitting like for like. The McClaren gas valve that is fitted to the boiler is out of production.

What should I do? HEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!
I dont think you find it is as I fitted a new one to a Gloworm back boiler the other day.
Part came from Parts Center and was 79 + vat I think.

The Mclaren valve is now made by Johnston and has a Blue knob instead of the old Brown one.
Probably no good telling you now though if you have a valve already.

I'm really stuck. If gloworm say it can't be done then I can't get anyone to fit the new valve then can I?

any advice is really REALLY appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi I have the same issue as this post. Anybody recommend a part that i can buy that will fit my Glowworm 45-60? The original part no is SK9049 which is now no longer available.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

glowworm advised the maclaren valve was going obsolete a while ago..your only hope is buying from a parts stockist who having any left..but if the manufactures don't recommend a direct replacemant valve thats the end of the boiler unfortunately.

Got a brand new one in the van but in the words of my old storeman you can`t have it because someone might need it. :cry:

Thanks for the replies. Namsag do you know where you got your part from? Else we must be able to agree a price for the part if you have one in the van? Happy to take offline if this is something you will consider. :D

thanks

Sorry sandman i have about a dozen customers with spacesavers and although it an old boiler i have 2 gas valves in reserve waiting for them to go . 25 year old boiler but new valve will give them another ten years .. soz

Hi there,

grrrr, my Space Saver 45/60b has just died with a GAS VALVE failure.

Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction as to where to source a replacement part ?

I know the boiler is old, but the thought of replacing it (ker-ching) makes me feel ill !!!

Got a brand new one in the van but in the words of my old storeman you can`t have it because someone might need it. :cry:

Hi Namsag, my old Gloworm 45-60 bolier has blown it's Maclaren Gas Valve (SK9049). Just wondered if you were in the market to replace with any of the one's you had left? Your help would be greatley appreciated, particularly with the winter coming on. You can reply to me on [email protected] , Many thanks. Regards, Adam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back