glowworm 30 hxi radiators scalding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,
I have a glowworm 30 hxi and its been running ok until yesterday.All of a sudden the rads are getting mega mega hot(too hot to touch).I have the temp dial on the front of boiler set to about 70-73 and this has always been fine to heat up hot water to 60 degrees and switch off,but now i have had to turn down the boiler to about 58-60 degress to make the radiators bearable,now the system is not hot enough to heat up hot water.
The other thing is if the hw and ch are on together the hw gets up to 60 no probs(i suppose because the boiler temp is too hot when heating is on)
Any help appreciated (glowworn have quoted £260 to fix said it was probably heating sensor in boiler on ch circuit),would rather pay local plumber to fix if possible.
Thanks alot
Mark

Sponsored Links
So why not call a local heating engineer?

I would charge £84 plus £18 if it needs a new sensor which sounds quite likely.

Tony

Higuys,
just had an engineer out,fierd up the heating,hes took the boiler cover off and messed a bit,looked in the airing cupboard and says hmm im stumped mate.
Radiators are absolutley melting and this guy works for british gas.
Is there anyone that could please help
Thanks Mark

I did not suggest calling British Gas! Some of their guys are not very good at fault finding. But you can get them to send another!

Its a very simple fault indeed!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi guys,
Just had someone out,he ran it at 60 degrees and said the rads were fine,ran it at 65 degrees and he said they were fine.I said that i used to run this at 70 degrees and the rads we not running this hot,he says boiler wasnt running right then,but it is now.Boiler is kettling now hes running it that hot,he says its normal.Boiler does not cut out until roomstat kicks in,he set room stat on 30degrees and said that the boiler should run until roomstat hits 30?Boiler doesnt cut out even when tvrs are cutting out and theres only 3 rads on.
Think glowworm can have a look,it never ran like this until 3 weeks ago.
Should i be able to run it at 75 degrees and still touch the rads?
He changed a thermistor and says that it all fine.
Thanks guys
Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back