Glowworm betacom 28 kW sparking but won't light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Had a problem today with my boiler at home hoping someone can help me I've got a glowworm betacom 2 28kw I have no heating or hot water basically the boiler will start the fan is running and then I can hear and see the spark in the spy glass but I get no gas onto the burner and get a fault code f28 I've read in the book it's ignition fault but could be numerous things it state in the instructions .

Just wondered if anyone could shed any light whose had the same problem and or remedied this fault

Any advise will be appreciated

:cool: [/code]

Sponsored Links
For a start if you can see the sight glass, then you have already disturbed the sealed chamber with should only be done by someone whith the qualifications and tools to ensure that it has been correctly refited and the combustion quality tested. no DIY gas advice on this forum so please get someone in.

On another note. these are an incredibly reliable boiler, and not prone to ignition faults. you got a payment gas meter? is it working, u have a hob or other gas appliances you can see working?

No only the front cover removed there is a small glass window on the burner that you can see through not disturbed any burner seals etc also no it's not a payment meter and I have gas to the hob and fire no problems and if it helps gas hob is directly next to the boiler

Sponsored Links
Also to add I'm not intent on messing just seen that there is no flame refitted the case back as it was before and left turned off just wondered if it was something simply to diagnose to someone who works on these regularly as I will need a gas safe registered fitter to fit it etc trying to avoid paying for the costly call out and then again to fit the part if it needed one

No only the front cover removed there is a small glass window on

Trust me, the front cover is part of the sealed chamber assembly on these boilers. You should not be removing it at all.

If you have gas on and running ok, then your already sort of past the point that you can do anything to it yourself. Best get someone out. Double check with glowworm even that its not still under warranty as there not old boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back