glowworm compact 100e PCB fuse blowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got a 3-4 year old Glowworm Compact 100e combi boiler. Up until now I've had no problem with it whatsoever until one afternoon I noticed the boiler 'dead'. All power lights were off so after checking the incoming supply I checked the the fuse in the pcb. Thankfully there was a replacement which when inserted, the boiler fired up and worked fine again for about a week. The fuse has blow again, once again replaced the boiler fires up. (hot water and C. Heating)

I'd rather not just replace the board without checking if there is something drawing too much current i.e. solonoid/pump etc. As the fuse does not blow instantly it leads me to think that it's something else on its way out.

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
It can be anything but if there is no water leaking then its probably the pump.

To check connect the pump to a 13A socket with a 3A plug fuse and leave it running 24/7 . If its the pump or boiler then the relevant fuse will blow.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back