Glowworm Compact 75p boiler deteriorating sounds - see video

awm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I'm living in rented accommodation and over the past few months the boiler has started to make some strange, clicking sounds (it's a Glowworm Compact 75p). The landlord arranged for two repair guys to come, the first one cleaned it inside and the second one said he couldn't diagnose the problem because sods law the boiler behaved itself when he was there! Now it's getting colder and I'm using the boiler more, it seems to be more prone to the problem, please see this video of it when i turned it on yesterday...

http://www.alex.mastersofcreation.com/BoilerProbs20-11-2011.mp4

It does work but I'm worried it's going to conk out in the middle of the winter, any advice much appreciated, thanks.

Alex

Sponsored Links
As its rented you need to get it sorted out by the landlord!

But fixing intermittent faults is very difficult.

My experience of that model is that the PCB is very unreliable now that this model is over 10 years old.

If I was asked to fix it then I would probably replace the PCB knowing that was very likely to be the problem. But as they cost around the £120 mark its not an expenditure most landlords want to make unless its guaranteed to fix the problem.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back