Glowworm Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just moved in to a house that has a Glowworm 24cxi installed. The mechanical timer on the front of the boiler does not work (broken by plumber) and I have just been quoted £125 + VAT for one from my local supplier. Is there another one that will fit or another way to have timed heating for this boiler?

I have looked on ebay for one and there are lots for this make of boiler but have no clue what would fit it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
According to the manual that boiler can use either mains voltage or volt free controls.

Page 27 and 28
http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/stepone/data/downloads_sd/51/00/00/cxi-range.pdf

Probably the easiest is to get a programmable thermostat with a built-in battery, and connect the two volt-free contacts COM and NO on the stat to VOLTAGE FREE
HEATING
CONTROLS
CONNECTION
(ON CONTROLS
BOX COVER)
as show in diag. 10.2

Then disconnect the internal programmer if needed.

According to the manual that boiler can use either mains voltage or volt free controls.

Page 27 and 28
http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/stepone/data/downloads_sd/51/00/00/cxi-range.pdf

Probably the easiest is to get a programmable thermostat with a built-in battery, and connect the two volt-free contacts COM and NO on the stat to VOLTAGE FREE
HEATING
CONTROLS
CONNECTION
(ON CONTROLS
BOX COVER)
as show in diag. 10.2

Then disconnect the internal programmer if needed.

For "volt free" contacts what sort of cable should be used for connection between the stat and boiler?

Sponsored Links
The manufacturer's instructions linked above state

Wiring to the boiler must be PVC 85OC [85 deg C] insulated cable, not less
than 0.75mm2 (24/0.20mm).

This is for all electric wiring to the boiler, the instruction is not limited to the mains supply.

Therefore the manufacturer's instructions must be followed regardless of what voltage the stat is actually switching.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back