Glue after primer ?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi Folks
I'm restoring a heritage building and have some pine and cedar boards that have a pronounced grain curve. Should you keep the ends of (crown) Arch curve against the structure when fastening ?
Also I'd like to pre-assemble the window trim and fasten the decorative chair rail to the trim before instalation can I prime first then assemble with glue and nails? The or is it better to use glue and fastener and then prime and paint.
Basically sealing all wood on all 6 sides
Exterior glues poly or white glue.

Pre assembly indoors speeds up final installation

Attachments

• 20231004_182204.jpg
    20231004_182204.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 28
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
He is Canadian, not a Yank, quite different really. Also their weather can get a lot colder than ours, and we have a lot less timber cladding than they do. My Parents lived in the middle of canada some years ago, the letterbox bolts would get icicles on the inside in the winter. Also building code insisted on two heating units per property on the grounds that a single boiler failing could easily be fatal in winter. Also, it was too cold to salt the roads, it would not melt the snow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back