Good Sealant finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have mastered the art of applying smooth lines but spoil it when I have to do a vertical line joining a horizontal line., I seem to splodge it!

Any tips please on achieving the professional finish!

The best sealant lines I ever see are the ones usually seen in German Hotels etc. How do they get such a perfect finish? And why do they seem to use grey sealant alot when I have never seen it used here in the UK?

Thanks
Alan

Sponsored Links
This where most would advise using a weak solution of washing up liquid in a spray bottle as it will stop the silicone sticking to your finger.
Ive never tried it myself but may just give it a go.

unfortunatley its a try and see method, if your using pinkies then its how shaky are you when you get to the meeting points?

if you use silicone a lot go pick up a fugi kit, this is the one i use from time to time http://www.absealants.co.uk/mybasket2007.php

no idea on the german thing tho, never been. or wanted to.

Run both the horizontal and vertical beads. Smooth the horizontal bead first. Then start from the point where the two meet and carefully move away from the hozontal bead and you should have a pretty neat joint.
I recommend using grey silicone because it doesn't show grime as easily as white.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back