Good Toilet Which Doesn't Block Advice/Recommendations!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and want to get recommendations for a good toilet that anyone has experience of that doesn't get blocked all the time? My plumber has recommended buying from Plumb City and the advice they gave me re toilets was 'just choose one you like the look of, they all use the same amount of water' which even as a plumbing novice I know is absolute twaddle.

I've seen Kohler Patio recommended somewhere on a thread but my plumber seemed keener to get one from Plumb City so he can source spare parts easily. Are Kohler's very good and are they straightforward to fit/easy to get parts for?

I don't care how pretty it is I just want one which flushes properly first time! Thanks for any advice. :oops: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
why is it twaddle? old toilets used 9 or 10 litres to flush.All modern use 4 or 6 litre twin flush. so no, not much difference. how clear is your soilpipe and drains? more likely to cause problems there.

If fitted correctly no toilet will "get blocked all the time".

Plumb City are a reputable local independant merchant.
They show Ideal Standard on their website, a very reputable manufacturer.
Ideal have a wide range of styles. You should find something you like.

You're the customer, and what you want goes, but is there a Kohler stockist close by. If not, who would be responsible for ordering it off t'interwebnet?
That's who would be responsible for any problems with an on-line seller.
I can understand your plumbers resistance to Kohler in that respect.

I mean it's twaddle that they all work as well as another! Surely it's not just a case of choosing one you like the look of? :!:

Sponsored Links
There's no league table as to which makes and models get rid of jobbies best because they all work as well as each other. Well, as close as to not make enough difference to need a league table.

We've got two Kohler Patio toilets, work very well, never have to use the full 6-litre flush on them (they now do an eco version with an even smaller flush volume). We've also got a Twyford Galerie Optimise, again we don't use the full flush on that as it just isn't necessary.

I personally think that there is a difference between a Bog In A Box and something a bit more expensive, the more expensive ones seem to flush more efficiently.

Nice to get all your views...it all helps to fill the knowledge gaps in. The problem with toilets is obviously you can't try before you buy (or you'd very very unpopular)...so you really want specific recommendations for what's likely to be current stock.

Muggles, from your experience would you rate one over the other? I'm guessing I might be more likely to get the Twyford Galerie Optimise from Plumb City, so that would be a good option.

Any other ideas for recently bought toilets that you are completely happy with out there to throw into the mix?

Both about the same, we had a bit of an issue with the flush sticking on the Twyford when I first put it in but I cured that with some silicone spray and it's been fine ever since. Would buy both again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back