Grant Oil Boilers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Grant Oil Boilers ---- are they any good?

I had one before and was very happy with it plus they quote the best efficiencies.

But a plumber has said that he hasnt heard of one installation that "knocks out the BTU's"
which i take to mean doesnt actually meet its stated output.

He says if i want a Grant Boiler i would need to get one the next size up to get the output that i actually need!

all advice appreciated

Mike

Sponsored Links
Anyone who said that does not sound very well educated!

I would expect that any current boiler will at least meet the rated specifications IF they are properly set up.

It lowers the efficiency if you over size a boiler. Because ( domestic ) oil boilers dont modulate then the hope is to minimise cycling by closely matching the heat output to the demand.

The best suggestion that I can make is for you to take the advice a a few OFTEC registered installers.

The problem is that each has their own favourite brand.

Tony

Few people know what btus are emitted by a system. They do the calculations, but there's a lot of finger in the air figures that are fed into the calculations. For most of the year the output required is less than the system is probably capable of, but if it was low then you wouldn't notice anyway. In the couple of cold weeks when you might notice, just supplement the heat if necessary, alternatively, stop trying to heat the whole house.

For many installations, the size of the boiler is irrelevant, and people still seem to be warm enough, despite having around 14kW maximum output because the system is piped in 22mm. Similarly, there's not much point having a 50kW boiler on 28mm pipes.

Grant (in my opinion) is the best on the market :LOL:

Boulter(apart from mk 2) was a good boiler best in its day until worecester bought them out...
Worcester are a very good gas boiler but should stick to has as they cant get the oil right :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back