Grill not heating up fully.. ZHF865X

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with the grill on our Zanussi ZHF865X oven, the element heats up but only partially before the orange thermostat light goes out.

I'm guessing its a problem with the thermostat being too sensitive and turning the element off to soon - however its only a guess as im not sure this is this even possible?

Was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what might be causing this problem?

Would appreciate any comments.

Sponsored Links
I could be well adrift here (usually am) but on my own Zanussi built under oven the grill isn't meant to glow red hot all over - just the centre bit.
Has yours ever heated up completely?
John :)

I could be well adrift here (usually am) but on my own Zanussi built under oven the grill isn't meant to glow red hot all over - just the centre bit.
Has yours ever heated up completely?

I'm not sure whether it would actually glow however its definitely not heating full, i have tried it on the half grill setting as well and its the same problem.

I even forgot about a sausage under there on sunday and was expecting to be hit by a plume of smoke when i opened the door but instead there was a nicely browned sausage, previously it would have been badly burnt especially as i put the grill pan on the highest shelf.

My own oven has a 2 position grill switch, which indicates that there are two elements in one - maybe yours is the same, I don't know.
It does seem that the thermostat is a bit too active though.

Sponsored Links
Yes it sounds similar, turn the dial right for full grill and left for half grill. or vice versa.

Cant seem to locate a thermostat for the grill unless it uses an identical one to the bottom oven.

Just had another look and what actually happens is the element heats up fine and then when the whole thing is starting to glow orange the oven/grill light inside will come on and the light by the switch will go out and the element will stop heating.

Then the grill will obviously cool and the oven light goes out the element again begins to heat and the light by the switch comes back and then the whole process begins again...

------------

just had a closer look as i figured it had to be a thermostat but couldnt see one, on closer inspection it appears it had been displaced and was touching the element............ :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back