Grounding electrical sockets...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've just bought an old house in Amsterdam and want to tweak the electrics a bit. I have some basic electrical knowledge but could really do with some support on this issue.

In the kitchen I have sockets on two walls... on the left side they are all nicely grounded. On the right side they are not.

The socket for the oven is on the left side (on it's own group / ring and is grounded) but we want the oven on the right... I can splice the cable and extend under the floors (simple wood over beams - that's how it comes into the room anyway, so it's no bother.

Now I was wondering once it's moved, could I splice the ground cable and extend it out to the other sockets on the right (even though they're on a different group / ring) or is that going to cause strange behaviour if they should ever trip? (cutting into the walls is no problem... I already have to do this to move the existing sockets as they're currently running on the outside of the walls!)

Really appreciate any help or advice you can offer.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
In my experience earth/grounds are not specific to any particular circuit.

Neutrals, yes, because here they are connected to the double pole breaker, but earth no.

Sponsored Links
Back