groundworks question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

am going to be digging 12 off 600mm square holes approx 1200mm deep. Due to various jobs/travelling/commitments i'm not going to get a good run at this at all and take ages to do what could be done a lot quicker. Ground seems fairly loose from first hole i have started and am concerned by the time i finished them all for barrowing in concrete the side walls will have caved in a bit and not have good straight sides on them.

Is there a trench wall liner that you can get that is ok to leave in place when you pour in concrete? I have seen something that looked like this on a building site before but not sure what make the material was or whether it is acceptable

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
What are these monuments in the ground for?

dig out and concrete the same day.should only be 1 or 2 days work at most how youve described the ground conditions

You will not be able to dig 600 x 600mm holes 1.2m deep, they will need to be a fair bit bigger at the top end.

Sponsored Links
you will have to dig it twice the size to get in it, then shutter it to get the size required. can you not get a machine to it ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back