Grout dried onto tile face

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have tiled my daughters bathroom walls, floor to ceiling but she wanted to grout the tiles herself. However after all the grouting was done it appears that the tiles were not cleaned properly and we now have a smearing of grout over the full face of all the tiles. As the tiles are matt finish it is taking hours to clean a few tiles using a wooden spatuler. Has anyone got any ideas to make the task easier.

Sponsored Links
i have made this mistake before myself and used a wallpaper steamer, place the steamer over the affected tiles and the grout will just wipe away, I read it on a DIY page once and will never forget it. Be careful though, I assume if you leave the steamer on to long you will losen the adheasive.

Buy a cheap window scraper ,. wet tiles with water spray then carefully scrape the excess grout away.
STAVROS

Sponsored Links
A product called HG Extra is a great solution to this.

It is a designed to remove cement film and does this job very easily, avaialble from good tile shops it costs about £12 a litre.

alternativetiles said:
A product called HG Extra is a great solution to this.

It is a designed to remove cement film and does this job very easily, avaialble from good tile shops it costs about £12 a litre.

Yes I've tried this as well. Excellent!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back