Grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have grouted my ceramic floor tiles, but the grout feels powdery to the touch and marks fingers when i touch it 48 hours later (it's black so you can see it). We used the powdered mix with water stuff. what have we done wrong? too much powder in the mix? should we put more grout on? Please help - it's taken forever to lay these tiles!

Sponsored Links
What consistency did you mix it to? (Was it runny or was it thick?) You should be aiming for something like peanut butter (the smooth variety not the lumpy one ;) )

It was like powdery peanut butter, so I guess that explains what has gone wrong. should we re-grout, or grout over the top?
Moz - what do you mean by your comment?

Sponsored Links
He means that in time it'll set (go off).
I take it you still have some grout left then? If I were you I scrape out all the stuff you think is wrong and just grout a small area to see whether it's gonna be ok this time.

Its very strange your grout mix hasnt gone off set ......:)

as gcol says you are best taking it out an regrouting ...

what was the grout called an did you spread it on a different mud/adhesive mix ?

as gcol says peanut butter or double cream Consistency.. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back