Guidance with commerical water pumps.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Readers,

I kow thisa is primarily a DIY site but I wonder if some of you more advanced plumbers would be able to give a domestic plumber some advice.

I've been asked to replace a pump at a local primary school. Before I decide on whether it is out of my experience I need some advice.

The pump is responsible for delivering hot water to outlets throughout the school. The outlets closest to the boiler do get hot water but those further away don't. The water is warm if that!!! Up until the pump packed in the other day everything was fine.

As the existing pump is 30 years old they want a new one, however I am unsure what spec of pump to go for.

I can confirm the following about the existing pump:

Make: T Wade & Co, Telford (Don't appear to be in existance anymore)
Voltage: 220 - 230 50Hz single phase
Watts: 370
Amps (I think) 3.7
RPM: 2800
1 inch inlet, outlet

I have no info about flow per minute - sorry

I can confirm that there are about 21 hw outlets around the school, the static head between tank and pump is 3m and the distance to the final outlet is around 40m +/- 10m.

Is anyone able to confirm typically what spec of pump I should be looking at.

Many thanks

Bill

Sponsored Links
Don't mess around here, speak to those who KNOW, and who supply pumps for these applications every day. Ring Grundfoss or any other pump manufacturer. They have pump experts, we are only dogsbodies with biased opinions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back