Guide Estimate Price For Wall Build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At present I have a small brick wall with a fence extending to the top of my garden gate. I would like the wall knocking down and a new one replacing it. It would be around 4ft wide and around the height of an average back gate. I'm possibly thinking about a nice arch to go over the rounded wooden gate top.

I realise it's hard to give an estimated cost...however can anyone give me a guide price? I've been trying to get builders round to give me an estimate and they never turn up so if the one I phoned yesterday does turn up, I may go with him regardless and I want to know I'm not going to be ripped off. If the brick arch adds too much extra on, I'm willing to drop this. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Price will depend on any foundations needed, how many bricks are required, how much they cost & how long it will take a half decent bricky to put them up; it’s not very big but difficult to estimate unless seen! I suspect the lack of response is due to the time of year, hardly the best to get anyone interested in building garden walls & arches I would think! I would NOT, however, advise you give anyone the job without a written quote as doing so may well result in you getting ripped off! Keep trying, get at least 3 quotes &, at the very least, they should show the cost of materials & labour separately & an estimate of how long it will take.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back