GUlf Oil Leak - BP???

apache corp according to the paper ;)
That's what they've being saying on radio 4 news. Hope to raise £3 billion towards the repair costs.

Can't help but feel that now would be a good time to buy shares

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Way I see itv if people want to drive around in there cars they need the oil & in doing so accidents have & will happen , as I understand it vast areas of Nigeria have been contaminated with leaks ect from drilling , than again there Africans so no one gives a s**t .

Every one blames every one else the Americans are pi$$ed about the lockerbie bloke being released ect lot of anti british feeling out there I suspect ?? special relationship I don't think so ? the Americans have caused plenty of polution around the globe Exon Valdez , the Union Carbide plant in India that caused the countless deaths & still is , all the defoliage chemicals they dropped on Vietnam , Laos & Cambodia that still causes birth defects do they give a s**t , so some bloke in the states cannot go fishing as they say s**t happens !

I hear BP have stood down most of the ships as no oil has escaped for 14 days and the skimmers are not finding anything to skim.

The BP boss who just got the boot is mentioned in the financial press as having had the bad luck to inherit the parsimonious approach to safety of his predecessor. I know the type, he cuts costs to increase profits. If a refinery manager says "I need a thousand men and a million dollars to run this site safely", the boss says "you can have half that, and if you say you can't do it, I'll give the job to someone who can." Ba$tard. This approach also led to the previous BP fires in the US which cost millions to put right, such as a string of major accidents including the Texas City Refinery explosion (2005) and the Deepwater Horizon explosion (2010). .

This previous BP boss (the now ennobled Lord Browne of Madingley) was eventually booted after being found out lying in court about payments to a male prostitute.

no one wants to point the finger at america's first black president.. the second they do he'll pull out the race card and shame whoever did the accusing into backing down..

first thing i want to say is i know absolutely nothing about any politics anywhere, but i do agree with this comment, so i have no idea whether obama should have been elected or not (ie the best person) but was elected because he was black, if the americans wanted to make this statement that is up to them,and i'm not saying they are wrong as it was a major timeline in america, but they still should have done the right thing for the country, but perhaps now that they have had the first black president it wont be an issue the next time, however (and i know i an being niave) nothing should ever be done "just to be seen to be doing the right thing" on a smaller scale you have women only elections to up the % of women MP's, i think it is a disgrace, i honestly do not care what sex or nationality someone is, if they are the best candidate they get the job simple, i hate the phrase "positive discrimination" where say you want to emply 100 plumbers for a new site (i know not likely for a wee while) why mus i employ 3 non whites as a balance, i dont give a flying f**k what colour you are, i want to interview 150 people and employ the top 100

Sadly it's no difference from any others major non oil companies regarding safely, the biggest problem is the political interfering the oil business and oil is a very risky business as we now have to drill deeper with bigger risks, you don't hear this but more people are killed just travelling in the helicopter just to the oil rig alone. Obama and his teams have been trashing BP wheras they have shown just how unprofessional they really are.
BP have just got on with the job of stopping the oil spillage and cleaning up the mess and started paying out the compensation without any questions regardless who fault it was.

I felt sorry for Tony Hayward which took the brunt of the media plus political pressure who didn't hide from the media. As he said "No matter what I said I would have been vilified". The media are the most damaging teams around because on one of them which wasn't mentioned that he attended the memorial service for the dead rig workers and personally visited each family to express his condolences. Hardly the act of a CEO in hiding.

BP will have the last laugh when they start to produce their evidence and the focus will fall back on to the politicians and the US companies who actually caused the disaster in the first place.
How very true, a poster wrote this
So here we are almost looking back at the whole incident. It makes me really quite angry the more I think about it.

The fact that this happened in USA is no coincidence. BP America was a legacy of AMOCO, another safety disaster prone company.

BP America was managed and operated by Americans. It is highly likely that anyone found culpable enough to be imprisoned will be an American citizen.

TransOcean.... An American company owned and operated by Americans.

Cameron... An American company owned and operated by Americans.

Haliburton... An American company owned and operated by Americans.

The coastguard, who quite possibly sank the rig through poor firefighting protocols.... American people.

The media hysteria that led to perfectly good beaches being abandoned.... Americans.

The adminsitration, who oversaw the well design and permits... American

The adminstration who put the moratorium on drilling and cost many more jobs... American.

This is a disaster almost wholly manufactured and led by Americans.

The only guy who gets fired......... An Englishman with the courage to go out there and take the flack and put it right..... only to be replaced by..... An American!!!!

Logic suggests that BP should denude itself of every American it has working in any of its businesses anywhere in the world.

Also the US government secretly advised Scottish ministers it would be "far preferable" to free the Lockerbie bomber than jail him in Libya.
Correspondence obtained by The Sunday Times reveals the Obama administration considered compassionate release more palatable than locking up Abdel Baset al-Megrahi in a Libyan prison.

So they knew all alone hoping to damaged BP again :rolleyes:

The USA are the biggest waste and demand of oil comsumption in the world for years, they don't care about driving around in their 8mpg cars as long they get their oil cheap and this is why Obama tried everything to ruined BP and hoping Mobil/Exxon will take it over.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2010/jun/09/bp-energy-statistics-consumption-reserves-energy

Oil consumption
Thousand barrels daily, click heading to sort
2008-2009 % share of total
1 US 18,686 -4.9% 21.7%
2 Canada 2,195 -4.4% 2.5%
3 Mexico 1,945 -3.4% 2.2%

and at
44 United Kingdom 1,611 -4.3% 1.9%

Sponsored Links
Back