Gutter cleaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I’d like some advice on how to go about cleaning my gutters. They overhang an existing extension so difficult to access. I wouldn’t want to be accessing from standing on roof of extension as would be worried about cracking roof tiles. So I think the only option is from the ground with some sort of telescopic cleaning tool?
Any advice appreciated
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Most gutter cleaning companies have a vacuum designed for the job you mentioned. To be honest their usually reasonably priced so it's never worth renting the equipment (it's massively expensive, like £2000 and up to purchase).

So yep, I know everyone likes to DIY as much as we can but in this case it's really not worth it! Save your time for other projects!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hello
I’d like some advice on how to go about cleaning my gutters. They overhang an existing extension so difficult to access. I wouldn’t want to be accessing from standing on roof of extension as would be worried about cracking roof tiles. So I think the only option is from the ground with some sort of telescopic cleaning tool?
Any advice appreciated
Thanks
I take off end caps and flush out with hose from opposite end.

This is exactly the job Im attempting too - I too have cracked tiles painting the back of the house in the past and now my gutters need a wash and clean out too. I have the karcher telescopic lance and its great for the rest of the house but I dont think it would be any good for area above the extension - its a pain getting above there. I think scaffolding of some sort is proably the proper way to get up there. Gutter vac I have seen but my white gutters need a clean on the outside too and that is the best way I find anyway. The karcher lance gets 85% off themuck off but nothing like a good scrub

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back