gutter/downpipe blocked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks any info on a blocked gutterdownpipe(have been told this has been blocked for over 12 years)
its an internal cast iron down pipe have been able to push it down from top of gutter with drain rods about 2meters but is still blocked with dirt, moss, roots ect is there any liquid i can put down it to break it up into small bits have tryed my power wash down it, weed killer (and roofer put liquid stuff down it just over a year ago waste of money)

Sponsored Links
Have you tried the worm screw attachment on the rods?

BTW, were has all the water been going for the past 12 years if not down this pipe? Why is it a problem now?

Can't you just rip it out and replace with plastic - may be easier than messing about

the drain that the gutter runs into is probably blocked too.

£££. ;)
Hi
the drain is ok as the roof gutter downpipe is also the soil pipe which is on middle floor and all other water waste bottom floor all drain away

Sponsored Links
Have you tried the worm screw attachment on the rods?

BTW, were has all the water been going for the past 12 years if not down this pipe? Why is it a problem now?

Can't you just rip it out and replace with plastic - may be easier than messing about
Hi Woody
have tryed the worm no joy.There has been a gap inside internal downpipe no bigger than a penny(well blocked) so when it rains a little it fills up and overflows down outside walls to bottom of back door.last oweners no maintain gutter have had house for less than a year.plastic is my last resort as i will have to replace gutter and make a new exit point (in neighbours garden)for gutter water only, as where this downpipe connects to drain would need to remove 6 large concreate steps and a wall.

Can't you just cut out and replace the blocked section of downpipe, and no need to replace all of it or all of the gutter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back