Guttering abs drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys see pics below .

I’ve moved into a house and as you can see the guttering on the conservatory just goes to a Waterbutt but during the winter months it overflows going into the ground so it seems pointless .
This was decked out completely but I’ve ripped it up as it was just all rotted.
On The only side of the fence is just an alleyway too so I don’t think that helps. Behind the water butt and over that brick wall is the existing drain for where the front of the house guttering goes too is it a solution to join them back there ?

I’ve not really got a clue about this sort of work

thanks

Attachments

• CE488ABF-DD21-4350-8FE5-7713FAF9BD14.jpeg
    CE488ABF-DD21-4350-8FE5-7713FAF9BD14.jpeg
    639.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 4EAC1209-DBF7-4898-92EC-DD0CF9524732.jpeg
    4EAC1209-DBF7-4898-92EC-DD0CF9524732.jpeg
    317.1 KB · Views: 88
Sponsored Links
Cheapest (and easiest) option would be to run a downpipe along the wall of the house to couple into the downpipe from the front gutter. Wont look very pretty though. More expensive, (and difficult), option is to dig around the front downpipe where it goes into the ground, and couple in a pipe under the ground, run it alongside the house to the required position, and drop the conservatory downpipe into it, or an overflow from the Water Butt if you want to keep that.

Could be awkward getting it under the wall though, first option possibly more favourable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back