Guttering help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im looking for some advice/recommendations for an issue with our gutter.

CF0A6035-274A-48AE-A47B-77B69A47F148.jpeg
B0224B96-E393-4FE1-8143-8BEA746F85DA.jpeg

As you can see from the photos, the last section of our gutter is at a 90 degree angle to the main section of guttering so there is a bend piece and then the last small section of guttering. When the guttering was installed the small end section was only being supported by the join with the bend because the fascia on that part was too far back compared to the gutter. Last year we had someone come to take a look and they managed to put in place a spacer between a new bracket and the fascia to support the gutter, however this is only really in the middle of the end section where the fascia ends, half of it is in a position where there is no fascia to attach a bracket to. The photos show the guttering as it was before we had the new bracket added but should give an idea of where the bracket was added.

With the heavy rain now and I’m sure some debris from the roof, the end has begun to sag again causing the gutter to drip which is creating quite a damp area in the corner by the walls.

To complicate things even more, the roof and wall that are at 90 degrees are actually the adjoining properties and not ours.

Is there a way of securing the end piece to prevent the sagging or should we be looking at a different configuration that end?

Sponsored Links
Why don't you just drill a bracket into the wall to hold the end of the guttering up?

Thanks, I’ve had a similar suggestion from elsewhere. I’m going to get some gutter guys out to take a look and see if that’s something we can do to fix this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back