Had a Leak :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

New to the forum so hello everyone.

Recently had a leak in the shower (yes sounds disgusting), anyway its dripped through the ceiling into one of the bedrooms and being an old house with lathe and plaster its totally wrecked the ceiling.

I've dropped the ceiling and started reboarding ready for skimming, while I was cleaning out the edges of the ceiling some of the plaster started coming off the wall, its not a massive amount but I'm not sure now if I should take the old plaster off the wall and dot/dab boards onto it and skim along with ceiling, anyone got any thoughts on this? I've attached a photo of the wall so you can see what I mean.

Thanks

Mick

Sponsored Links
Yes bondng and multi.

put the ceiling up then repair the walls.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, just one more thing, will I need to skim the whole wall or does the bonding need to be slightly thinner than the old plaster? Not used the stuff before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back