Had dpc 2 weeks ago now got 2 large damp patches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Another damp question

Had a dpc put in 2-3 weeks ago,have had the cement coat put on now ready for plaster

The cement has dryed out but i got 2 damp patches above the dpc level

WHY? :cry:

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME PLEASE

Sponsored Links
do you think so?

if anything looks like its getting worse

Sponsored Links
I can't take those guys seriously ajrobb - sorry. First of all they say:-

"Damp facts ...
First - you need to understand there is effectively no such thing as 'Rising Damp'"

then they say, "Rising Damp is almost non-existent - it rarely occurs naturally , and it CERTAINLY doesnt move a metre up the walls"

then they say, "Rising Damp is a figment of building surveyors imagination - it doesnt exist!"

Well, what is it?? Does it or doesn't it? They should make their minds up! Do they understand the science behind it? Have they spent time in a lab monitoring and researching moisture movement through masonry? Pffffft! A little knowledge.......

so why bother with a pyhsical dpm/dpc material if rising damp is a figment of everyones imagination.

are these two damp patches anything like the size and shape of a brick, side or end on?

photos would be nice

pencil or chalk round them so you can see if they are shrinking.

Well, what is it?? Does it or doesn't it? They should make their minds up! Do they understand the science behind it? Have they spent time in a lab monitoring and researching moisture movement through masonry? Pffffft! A little knowledge.......
http://www.konrad-fischer-info.de/2auffe2.htm

No need to apologise. I was just pointing to a company with a different approach. They seem to hate cement and gypsum wall coverings. Let's face it, they are in business just as much as chemical injection companies. However, pictures like http://www.heritage-house.org/assets/images/damp/dampwall.jpg are quite compelling.

All these people keep blaming condensation. Have a trawl through the postings for positive input ventilation like Nuaire Drimaster and you might find some good testimonials.
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1210131
In answer to your question about whether the loft fans work, i would say i wish i had bought one sooner!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back