Halstead ace high cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Halstead ace high model no ACH 488190349 combi is firing up and then cutting out immediately, the green light is then flashing. does not matter if it is set to H/HW or HW only, there is 1,5 bar of pressure. it is two years old.

can anyone help, Graeme

Sponsored Links
either the pump is not working or someone has accidentally closed a gate valve in the hot press etc to stop flow. The boiler is overheating. place your hand on the flow pipe to see if its got very hot before cutting out.

These boilers self-test, to a point. Turn the CH off, power off, then power on. Leave CH off. It'll check the fan, fan switch, pump and flow switch. If one of those is faulty it'll lock out.
If ok this far, turn the CH on - what happens?

Sponsored Links
this does not do anything , if you run the tap the boiler fires and then locks out

Ok people this is a mates boiler and now i am 'on site' the boiler is not locking out or at least the lock out light is not coming on, and what ever it is set to, be it water or heating and water, the boiler fires for only a couple of seconds, and then cuts out, the red reset under the boiler is in and has not popped out, if we turn the rest knob to reset then the boiler does the same fires for two or three seconds and then goes out. I have bled all the rads turned all off apart from the last in line,non of this works.

Graeme

check auto air vent cap is open, (not sure if it is inside the combustion chamber on those), and if it is give it a knock, check that the pump is running and also check that both flow and return valves are open under the boiler.

Thanks for the help, I think we will get the corgi mate of ours to have a look tomorrow I think we have tried all we can for now, I will keep checking the forum and will post when I find out the cause.

Graeme

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back