Halstead "ACE" Not Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've a Halstead Ace, around 3 years old.

The hot water became intermittent last week and this week there is no hot water at all (with or without the central heating being on). Central heating is fine.

I've had a look on here and suspect its the diaphram as the pin is not moving to close the switch. However if I close the switch manually and run the taps there is still no hot water (the bolier fires up but no hot water at the taps).

Am i right to change the diaphram or is it something else?

Sponsored Links
You have no water because the valve is not divertig the flow to the heat exchanger !!
If the pin is not moving then check the diaphragm !!

It OUGHT to be but it's a Halstead, so the kit is something like £30!

Sponsored Links
Unless to get a replica that is just as good and at £7.00 quid too.

I've had loads of problems with my Halstead ace boiler, not helped by a cow boy that messed things up even more.

In the boiler try releasing all the water out through the PRV (it has a red cap on it) drain all the water out so there is nothing in and fill up to 1.5 bar with the loop, again see if that works before you go spending, these boilers seem to hate the slightest bit of air in the system from my experience!

Unless to get a replica that is just as good and at £7.00 quid too.
I've had one of those last one whole week!

Take absolutely no notice of this, it will probably cost you money and grief.
In the boiler try releasing all the water out through the PRV (it has a red cap on it) drain all the water out so there is nothing in and fill up to 1.5 bar with the loop, again see if that works before you go spending, these boilers seem to hate the slightest bit of air in the system from my experience!
Leave the PRV alone; drain the boiler, if you ever need to, elsewhere.
There's an Automatic Air vent on top of the boiler. It sholdn't have a cap on it, but a small hose to outside the boiler case which will indicate if it's leaking.

Well Chris it certainly solved my problem and yes it might not be recommended but it worked a treat for me and saved me ££££££.

Well Chris it certainly solved my problem and yes it might not be recommended but it worked a treat for me and saved me ££££££.

Unlikely, OP has reported no hw and that the pin doesnt move. Nothing to do with the prv or air.

Well i seemed to have had exactly the same problem as this chap on here and after trying to solve the problem by other methods i tried this and hey presto, yes it might just be pure luck but it worked! why not try it anyway? but drain it to lets say 0.2 bar so all the sediment doesn't sludge through, IMO it's worth a go for nothing.

Listen to Chris R. £30 part in the diverter valve, problem solved.

Mess around with prv and you're asking for trouble.

same as a Maxin
Oh I know, and there are gw's and Aristons...
The "replica" ones are cr*p though.
The Halstead one does have a gland seal in it but still a rip off.

why not try it anyway? but drain it to lets say 0.2 bar so all the sediment doesn't sludge through, IMO it's worth a go for nothing.

Because it's a stupid thing to do.
Very likely to leak as soon as any water has passed. The rubber seats go soft...
Using a drain cock costs nothing.
Your opinion is based on inadequate knowledge/exprience.

why not try it anyway? but drain it to lets say 0.2 bar so all the sediment doesn't sludge through, IMO it's worth a go for nothing.

Because it's a stupid thing to do.
Very likely to leak as soon as any water has passed. The rubber seats go soft...
Using a drain cock costs nothing.
Your opinion is based on inadequate knowledge/exprience.

Maybe your're right Chris but all i'm saying is it sorted monthes of problems for me and very cheaply too - lucky me hey?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back