Hanging picture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is obvious but I've been having a mare trying to hand an a1 picture on my wall. I tried initially hanging on a nail Howe the frame bent so tried the string. It's hanging fine but it's annoying me that there is a big gap and it is hanging forward. Any ideas on how to make it level? Don't mind if it's not totally flush with the wall. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 108
Sponsored Links
Another angle.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 105
Tighten the string so it's straight across the back of the frame. That will stop it dropping forward. It'll be a bit more difficult to get straight, so you may need a bit of blue Tak on the lower corners to help position it.

Sponsored Links
Tight wire, never string, higher up the frame the less it can hang forward.

if you have eyes out the back remove them and insert at 45 degrees into the frame top 25% off the frame
insert the wire or cord then fold them flat to the back
another choice is 2 fixings at the top 1" less than the frame inside size as level as possible fixed into the wall with the head off the screw used to force a groove into the frame by to and fro motion with more weight pushing down on one side or the other used to ballance/level the picture

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back