Hanging punch bag from apartment ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I live in a ground floor apartment of a 4 storey block of flats and wish to hang a punch bag. There is a suspended ceiling and then above that is what is pictured. Is it viable to place a type of anchor (drop-in anchor?, shield anchor?) into the the concrete slabs and then use something like an eye bolt? How thick are these blocks? Appreciate your help on how to go about this generally as I am a DIY newbie :) Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 10.52.42.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 10.52.42.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 85
Sponsored Links
Welcome to DIYnot!
There may be legal issues here. Do those blocks belong to your flat or are they the floor of the flat above? Is your flat owned o leased?

Thank you for the welcome :) Share of freehold. I don't expect there to be issues, though I will be sure to look into that separately. Thank you for raising nonetheless. Appreciate any help on the practical aspects of this mainly at this moment in time.

Sponsored Links
Here's the only other photo I have from another angle ( these photos are from some work done a few years ago). Not sure about the darker strip in the middle.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 12.37.28.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 12.37.28.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 76
My money's on them being hollow core planks and with these ideally you need to fix into one of the hollow cores as in between each core will be a steel reinforcement bar but the thing is you won't know where the holes are as different manufacturers planks have 6, 8 or 7 holes or whatever. The other fixings for the trunking and the like should also be into the cores so that could give you some clues as to where they are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back