Hanging Roman blinds from the ceiling.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I am in the process of making Roman blinds for these windows. As you can see there is nowhere on the wall to fix the batten. I have hunted down the joists and will screw in to them. The problem i have is in the middle window. You can see there is only two joists and they are both right of centre. Will I be ok to use a plasterboard plug on the left side to secure that batten? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 2015-11-18 14.43.31.jpg
    2015-11-18 14.43.31.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 149
Sponsored Links
You could fix baton to top of window reveal or to joists, you need firm fixing for the pulley end of the baton, very little torque at the rest of the baton.Assume you will ditch the nets.

got it. Just gonna put the pulley on the other end where there is a joist. Gonna use plasterboard fitting at the other end where there is no joist. Sound like a plan??

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back