hardwood flooring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a room with wood floors that runs into a room with carpet. The wood ends were not quite evenly cut so the edge never appeared "finished".

I now want to remove the carpet and put down wood floors in the adjoining room.

Any ideas how I can I can make the new wood floors meet with the existing wood floors so that the rooms flow nicely?

I thought about cutting a straight line with a circular saw and running a new edge board to butt the new wood floors against. My only problem is that a circular saw cannot cut the full length because it will hit the doorway on each end leaving about 6-8 inches on each side that it cannot reach. Is there a cutting tool I am not aware of that may help?

Sponsored Links
in the u.k we have a tool called fein multimaster that will do the job. Bosch also make a cheaper version. Dont know if you can get these tools where you are but there must be something simular.

http://www.buybrandtools.com/acatalog/Fein_Multimaster.html?gclid=CLe2qpLEr5cCFUoa3godnFw5iQ

i also have a small circular type saw that will cut the flooring 1" away from the wall, cant remember the name of it and i wont be going out to my van to have a look tonight as it bloody freezing outside at the moment and my vans covered in a thick coat of ice! I will have a look in the morning if your intrested in the make?

depending on the size of the area you may be better with a profile that will allow the floor to expand underneath it rather than being butted up tight.

in the u.k we have a tool called fein multimaster that will do the job. Bosch also make a cheaper version. Dont know if you can get these tools where you are but there must be something simular.

http://www.buybrandtools.com/acatalog/Fein_Multimaster.html?gclid=CLe2qpLEr5cCFUoa3godnFw5iQ

i also have a small circular type saw that will cut the flooring 1" away from the wall, cant remember the name of it and i wont be going out to my van to have a look tonight as it b****y freezing outside at the moment and my vans covered in a thick coat of ice! I will have a look in the morning if your intrested in the make?

depending on the size of the area you may be better with a profile that will allow the floor to expand underneath it rather than being butted up tight.

• I just reviewed the Fein Multimaster online. That is exactly what I am looking for. THANKS!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back