Has anyone used Plumbstuff.com before?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am buying a new boiler and searched for some prices online. The cheapest I have found so far is at

http://www.plumbstuff.com/Baxi-Duo-Tec-28HE-28KW

Has anyone used or heard of this website before or have had any problems with them? I tried searching for any information online, but did not come up with many results.

Here is some info that is from their website:

"With over 15 years experience in the industry, we despatch parcels daily to customers in the Plumbing and Heating trade all over the UK."

Company Details
Address: 2A Monsell Drive Leicester LE2 8PN
Registration No: 06787837
VAT No: 944 4515 17
Fax: 0116 2831041
Free Phone: 0800 195 0237 - Lines open Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm (excluding bank holidays)

Customer Services: [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Why did you choose this boiler, and what has your installer to say about it?

Note that the £688 is ex vat (£791.20 inc vat) (you don't find this out until the payment confirmation screen, I checked) although you still seem to have found the best price be a few quid through 'normal' websites. There is one on ebay with a flue and a time clock for £765 inc vat though, from a plumbing and heating store on there with 100% positive feedback from 1476 transactions.

As Ben has already said though, why this one in particular?

Plus all the bits so it's a grand or more. for a cheap and nasty boiler.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses.

I've narrowed down my choices down to a baxi duo tec 40 boiler by itself with Frasc doing it for £759 incl Vat and p&p

http://www.frasc.info/epages/es1180...012_es123479823116/Products/"Baxi Duo Tec 40"

Or Viessmann Vitodens 200 35kw for £1122 incl Vat and flue (its local so I can pick it up myself). Also I know someone who can install it quite cheap with the 5 year guarantee.

To be honest I was strongly considering the Viessmann, but have been put off by some of the negative comments. It seems split 50/50. People who swear by it saying they rarely have a problem and others who say they have had a complete nightmare with parts failing and poor customer support.

True, most of that has been with the old Vitodens 100, but there are still quite alarming negative comments about the newer 100 and 200.

What do you think of Viessmann Vitodens 200 35kw overall and for the above price?

I've narrowed down my choices down to a baxi duo tec 40 boiler by itself with Frasc doing it for £759 incl Vat and p&p

or Viessmann Vitodens 200 35kw for £1122 incl Vat and flue (its local so I can pick it up myself). Also I know someone who can install it quite cheap with the 5 year guarantee.
But will he do it quite well? You must have heard the old adage about getting what you pay for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back