Hatchbacks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My mum is looking for a new car and I must admit I am kind of useless in helping out. She wants something small (currently drives a 3 door 2005 Yaris). We have looked at the i10, but the Hyundai garage was less than useless so have crossed that off the list. The Mazda 2 was a nice car but surprisingly long and not priced cheap enough compared to the Polo to be considered. Which has really left us with 2 choices, The VW Polo and the Kia Picanto. Now I am sure most people would say get the Polo. But when you consider it is probably 3 thousand pounds more expensive and being for my mum and she is not worried about Chrome on the interior, alloy wheels or fancy bluetooth, touch screen radios is it really worth the money? From what I have read Kia's are fairly reliable and you get what you pay for so yes the interior is plastic but that is why the car is so cheap.

I should mention we are looking at new cars.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Kia / Hyundai are effectively the same company, and i10 is one of the best small cars around.
Check out the VW Up! (and look no further!)
John :)

Go to a different Hyundai showroom. Or how about another Yaris, or a Fiesta?

Nissan Micra, the list goes on.
One of the bonnier cars around - in my opinion - is the Suzuki Swift.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Skoda !! part of V-A-G and well finished small hatchback.

Skoda !! part of V-A-G and well finished small hatchback.
Had one as a "courtesy car" a year or so back. Nice little car to drive apart from the automatic "engine cut out" feature, which I suppose they all have now, and which can apparently be disabled.
Had a little Citroen this time when I had the aircon done. Again very nice drive.
I guess that if you're going to keep for a couple of years and then swap, it doesn't matter much. I'd just get what I fancied the look of.

Back