Haunted Toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A very starnge issue.
A modern, top flush UK toilet started to play up, in that it was refilling the cystern very slowly compared to normal.

I took the left hand valave system to bits but couldn't find any fault.
Ive replaced it with a brand new one which filled quickly and then went the same way.

Ive noticed that after the first flush ir refuls slowly but if I open & then close the water valve to the toilet it refils fast.as normal but then goes back to a slow refil from there.

It also is the same I play with the sink tap. I flush & its slow but then by switching the cold tap on & off quickly, it then satrts to fill quickly.

I have checked the flexi in pipe that is feeding the toilet and its not constricted at all and makes no difference if I move it around.

Im totally stumped but would really value any help as its my mothers system and she has to have it working correctly, sigh :rolleyes:

ta

G

Sponsored Links
Could be a bit of muck in the pipe. If it has an isolation valve then bits of old solder can get stuck. Also there may be a filter in the valve which needs cleaning. :)

Cheers for that. Ive tried flushing the system by taking the cap off the filter & letting the water run, but its still the same.

Not sure what else it could be though

G

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back